Bay Area Orders New Stay-at-Home Orders
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Officials at San Francisco Bay Area announced Friday new restrictions as the state has been inundated by high hospitalization rates in the last few weeks
- The announcement comes after California Gov. Gavin Newsome said the state was on track to hit critically low hospital capacity levels
- Although the Bay Area is yet to reach those critical levels, it is the first region in the state to implement new stay-at-home orders to curb further spread of the outbreak
- California on Friday recorded 22,000 new coronavirus cases, the highest daily count for any state
- California has recorded more than 1.3 million corornavirus cases with a COVID-19 death toll of nearly 20,000