Asymptomatic COVID-19 Patients Have Weaker Immune Response - Study
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Asymptomatic coronavirus patients have a weaker immune response to the virus, a new China study says
- The researchers examined the blood samples of 1,470 coronavirus patients in three hospitals in Wuhan, China, to determine if they had antibodies for the virus
- They also examined the blood of 3,832 healthcare workers who did not test positive for COVID-19 from three hospitals in Wuhan
- The study team found that 89 percent of hospitalized COVID-19 patients developed antibodies against rhe virus
- The study findings are in line with earlier studies that show that patients with mild or asymptomatic infection has a poor immune response to the virus