Asymptomatic Children May Carry Coronavirus for Weeks
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- A new study reveals that children can carry large amounts of the coronavirus in their respiratory tract for weeks
- Doctors at the Children's National Hospital in Washington, DC say infected children can carry and spread the coronavirus for several weeks, even while asymptomatic
- According to the study, one-fifth of the asymptomatic children and about half of the symptomatic patients were still passing the coronavirus up to three weeks after the initial infection
- Furthermore, the study found much more viral load of the SARS-CoV2 virus in children than in adults with severe disease
- These findings come as health experts and governments debate the safety of reopening schools