AstraZeneca to Seek US Authorization for COVID-19 Vaccine in March or April
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- AstraZeneca Plc is preparing to submit an application to the US for emergency use authorization of its COVID-19 vaccine later this month or early April
- The British drugmaker completed enrollment in its trial of more than 32,000 volunteers in January, and now has data on at least 150 cases of COVID-19
- The number of COVID-19 cases in those who got the vaccine versus those who received a placebo will determine its efficacy in preventing the infection in those age 18 and older
- The vaccine, developed in collaboration with Oxford University, has been approved in many countries, including the European Union, but not in the US
- This is coming days after a controversy ensued ollowing several reports of serious blood clots in people who received the AstraVeneca vaccine