Asian Nations have Answers for what the Future of Tourism Might Look Like
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- COVID-19 is devastating (and will continue to devastate) the international tourism market. The UN World Tourism Organization estimates that tourism will decline by 80 percent this year from 2019.
- Some countries -- particularly ones in the east, where economies are less diverse and tourism is inherently more important -- are getting creative with their tourism initiatives.
- Australia and New Zealand are creating a "travel bubble" to emphasize regional safety and viability.
- Thailand is considering special tourism resorts that double as quarantine zones.
- Regardless of what other countries do or don't do, many experts are waiting to see how China policies its citizens, as China is the world's largest market for outgoing tourism.