Alabama Governor to End Mask Mandate by April
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey announced Thursday that she will extend the state's mask mandate through April 9, after which the mandate will be lifted
- Ivey said the extension was to give businesses enough time to draft out their own policies
- However, she urged residents to continue to wear face masks, even though it will no longer be mandated
- The extended "Safer at Home" order will allow restaurants and bars to operate without party size limits
- The state's public health emergency proclamation now expires May 7