Adults Also Develop Rare But Severe COVID-19 Related Syndrome
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Researchers have since established a link between coronavirus and a rare but severe multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children
- Now, a new study published last week revealed that adults with COVID-19 may develop a similar syndrome
- The study, which was led by researchers at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, identified the syndrome in 27 adults with coronavirus
- The patients, although not severely ill, had cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, neurologic, and dermatologic signs and symptoms with widespread inflammation and abnormal clotting
- The patients were between 21 to 51 years old, and were of Asian, Hispanic, and black ethnicities