A Wisconsin Pharmacist Pleads Guilty for Attempting to Spoil COVID-19 Vaccines
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- A Wisconsin pharmacist agreed to plead guilty to deliberately attempting to spoil hundreds of COVID-19 vaccine doses
- The pharmacist was said to have left several of the vaccine doses unrefrigerated for two nights late last year at the hospital where he worked
- Steven R. Brandenburg intentionally removed batches of the vaccine from refrigeration on two consecutive nights in late December and returned them later to refrigeration
- His goal was to destroy the efficacy of the vaccine, which was developed by Moderna Inc.
- At least 57 people had received the vaccine before Mr. Brandenburg's actions were discovered