About 60 Percent of Nursing Home Staff Declined COVID-19 Vaccines, Walgreens says
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- While many Americans scamper to COVID-19 vaccination sites across the country to get inoculated, nursing homes have seen the opposite
- According to Walgreens senior vice president of pharmacy and healthcare, Rick Gates, about 60 percent of employees at long-term care facilities declined taking the vaccine
- Walgreens and CVS Health were selected by the federal government to administer vaccines to residents and staff of several long-term care facilities across the country
- Nursing home and assisted living residents were given first priority because they had a large proportion of COVID-19 outbreaks and mortality
- Gates said excess vaccine doses from long-term care facilities were returned to the states or administered to other high-priority groups