1 Person Dies from COVID-19 Every 10 Minutes in Los Angeles
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Los Angeles County public health officials recorded 148 new COVID-19 deaths on Thursday, the second day in a row that the county reported record number of deaths
- According to the Los Angeles County Director of Public Health, Barbara Ferrer, a person dies every 10 minutes in the county
- Officials say about 6,500 people are hospitalized with COVID-19 in the county, 20% of whom are in the intensive care units
- Officials said, the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations has increased by more than 1,600 last week alone
- According to the state Department of Public Health, the ICU bed capacity in many parts of the state, including San Joaquin Valley and Southern California regions are at 0%