1 in 10 Americans Say They'll Never Financially Recover from the COVID-19 Crisis
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- Roughly half of working adults say the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic will set them on a difficult financial recovery for many years
- One in 10 Americans do not see any light at the end of the tunnel, stating that they will never recover financially from the impact of the pandemic, according to new data by the Pew Research Center
- About 44 percent of those who reported poorer financial situations said it would take up to three years or more to get back to where they were 12 months ago
- This comes despite reports of gradual economic recovery in the country, with modest job gains in the last weeks
- However, the pandemic recovery has been replete with inequality, as the wealthiest Americans have fared better than before, while millions still face setbacks